Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Art For Art

83:365
85:365
Damien Portrait
Aries Portrait
Odyn Portrait

There is nothing I like better than to make something for someone. One day, not too long ago, I discovered that my phone does indeed get instagram. I started following friends feeds and blogs that I follow. There was a comment that struck me as perfect and lovely. This comment led me to @tooyoungtobehippies and her art. Falling head over heels in love with her portraits I contacted her right away asking if she does custom portraits. Maybe we could swap art for art. That's what we did. I made an embroidered pillowcase, lavender filled sachet, and a watercolor for her for part of some custom portraits of the kids.
Soon they will hang in the upstairs hallway, that got stripped of wallpaper this weekend. It's just waiting for some primer and paint.

3 comments:

Micaela said...

What a beautiful trade!

that embroidered pillow is gorgeous and so special.

and the portraits of your beauties-- wow! I can't wait to see them hanging in your hallway. Please post a photo.

Yay for instagram and for you on there <3

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a great trade, beautiful portraits of your children and wonderful embroidery by you!
V x

Jenniffer said...

The pillowcase is fantastic (those mushrooms darling!) and I can totally see why you fell in love with her portraits. They capture such personality! What color are you painting the hall?