Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Perfect Yellow


We got the kitchen painted this weekend! YAY! It feels good to get some things scratched off the gigantic list you create when you move into a new place. Rob also hung up our glass doors, put the hardware on the cabinets, and installed cabinets lights. He is not a fan of Ikea right now .... maybe I am not the only one with an Ikea love hate relationship?!



Almost every box that was marked kitchen has been unpacked. It was noted that I have a lot of dishes. It was also noted that I am the one who cooks in the house and all notation stopped after that. Although the kitchen has made HUGE leaps since we moved in I am still not ready to show you the whole thing yet. We still need to do the tile backsplash and the floors. 

 It has been very damp, rainy, and cold here for the past week. The leaves are starting to turn colors. Aries keeps singing her favorite song. Damien is getting a little stir crazy being inside so much. Odyn is very sleepy and has a little cold that won't go away. 


To keep the kids from cabin fever we decided to make cinnamon bread together. The extra bonus was the wonderful smell that filled the house. The sweet smell of cinnamon, the warmth from the stove, and the gloominess outside made us all think of winter. 


So for now I guess I will embrace the rain because it's not snow and keep unpacking. 


8 comments:

Carol Bender said...

LOVE it! Laughed out loud about the notations stopping :)

Anonymous said...

Well you soon put a stop to 'how many dishes you have' debate!! lol
Vivienne x

Kristen said...

What a beautiful view out your Kitchen window, that's something we don't see much here in California :( With a view like that I could stand there all day and do dishes :)
What a sweet collection inside your Hutch~ I love the touch of blue from the Pyrex refrigerator dishes♥ Oh, and I'm LOVING your paint-by-numbers and world globes! Your house is turning out darling!!!

Unknown said...

What a very pretty collection you have, and it looks so nice displayed!

Rebecca said...

I keep looking and looking at all your goodies!

Vintage Home said...

...WOW...I loe all your MILK GLASS!...Especially your lidded containers on your side board...I have a big crush on anything with a lid!....Whe you have time peek @ my WHITE WEDNESDAY...it s a bit of milk glass too!

Vintage Home said...

p.s. your Fenton jug is stunning!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love your cabinet filled with all your beautiful dishes! I tend to be collecting new kitchen things too - and like you I love to cook! Can't wait to see your kitchen reveal. Sound like you are super busy!