Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Motivation .. Where are you?

I've been having a hard time getting motivated to paint again. When you have been painting for what feels like 2 months straight it gets rather dull.


I would rather embroider something, sew a quilt, or make a Halloween costume (what I really need to do soon). The only problem is ... what I need to paint next is my craft studio. Until it's painted I don't want to unpack all my supplies. Until my supplies are unpacked I can't organize them or use them .... see the vicious cycle?


I have no clue what color I want to paint it! How do you pick colors?

6 comments:

Atticmag said...

Some of us have been through the same process. DIY painting can take a long time but I believe that nothing gives you more bang for the buck in terms of changing a space. So worth it so hang in there. And thanks for stopping by. Jane F.

koralee said...

Oh I do love to paint...I always get confused when deciding what colour...so many beautiful shades..good luck my friend. xoxo

Carol Bender said...

I know I am different. I like being different. I like to paint. It quiets my different, over thinking, mind. :)
I will help paint but the color choice is all you. According to psychological studies, grey is the color that most inspires people. Notice how that is spelled with an "e", just the way I like it.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Hello! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm painting the outside of an old trough right now and I can't even get motivated to get out to the garage and finish that! I have that log cabin jewelry box - my grandma gave myself and my cousins that box for Christmas when we were little! It's so cute - and how fun that you have one too!

Rebecca said...

I love your little owl on the shelf-I'm really into those this fall!

Susanne said...

Is there one color you're liking but can't decide on a shade? I couldn't decide on what shade of creamy yellow to pick when I realized I loved any yellow room I walked into or saw in a magazine so did it really matter what exact shade I liked? Just take the plunge! I know painting is alot of work but at least it's a cheap to fix.
Good luck!
Susanne.