Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Better than Martha

I had a great birthday. Birthdays always seem to last for a couple of days, one day is spent with family, another day is a trip with a friend or two. This year my mom gave me a book I have been wanting for a very long time, Julia Child's Mastering The Art of French Cooking. I have already bookmarked several recipes I want to try and I am sure once Rob looks through it I will have even more to try.

As if this wasn't enough, I awoke the other day to this beautiful basket filled with homemade pickles, cucumbers from the garden, summer squash, and other goodies, in my front hall. It was dropped off by my mom, who in my opinion is better than Martha

The first thought that went through my head was no one is going to believe how awesome a basket of veggies can be (even reading this I am thinking Uh Huh sure). so I grabbed my camera and took pictures. My mom grew all these in her wonderful garden and made the pickles (Friday night has been declared pickle night at her home). 

Today is another birthday day for me. I am going to the Book Barn in Niantic with one of my best friends, Melissa! Books are the best, don't you think?

2 comments:

Carol Bender said...

Glad you liked the gifts. I was just thinking today how 'book' was the first word I remember hearing your daughter, Aries, say. I love books too, and food. hee hee

kirsten said...

Oh, I got Julia's book for my birthday last year and I've loved it. Happy Birthday and you simply must try poaching an egg, darling.

:)